Plain White T's is the band.
No, we don't think they're Jewish.
And yet there are many reasons why this song earns its spot on the Whole Phamily:
- The tune itself is feel-good, positive, heart-warming.
- The band's name evokes minimalism as well as Hanes and Fruit of the Loom. Simplicity + 100% cotton = A good thing.
- The video features a vintage Mercedez-Benz: our dream car (we prefer a '79-'82 300 series, whereas the model in the video looks more early to mid '70s).
- The tune is featured at the end of the newly-released No Strings Attached, starring the lovely and soon-to-be Yiddeshe mammeh Natalie Portman (who we saw in 1997 in The Diary of Anne Frank on Broadway). We were psyched to learn that Ivan Reitman is still pals with our cousin Joe Medjuck who was a co-producer (no, we've never met Joe, have been told he's a great guy, and yes, Grandpa Archie loved kippered snacks and telling stories of his growing up; affect a Cape Breton accent: "When I was a little boy in Caledonia....]
- The length of the video itself is 3:29 minutes, which is a significant number for us as it is the 3 digit telephone exchange we grew up with. Remember, we like numerical synchronicity?
Now just watch and listen, it's good stuff!